Monday, February 2, 2009

Welcome

By popular demand, I welcome you to my blog which will (hopefully) chronicle my experiences living in Costa Rica. In a few weeks I will fly to the international airport in San Jose at which time I'll go to San Pedro, a suburb of San Jose, for one month to live with a host family and take Spanish lessons for 20 hours a week. The last week in March, I'll then go to San Ramon, a town in the Central Valley of Costa Rica, about 30 miles northwest of San Jose. I will live with another host family there and volunteer teaching physical education classes to elementary school children. I have also been invited to join an acappella singing group in nearby Palmares while I am there.

I'm excited to have you follow me on my journey in the coming months! I welcome comments and suggestions on updates you would like to see from me.

Leading up to my departure, I will spend some time learning Spanish on my own, reading about the towns I'll be staying at, and compiling an inventory of kids' exercise games (ideas are welcome!). Until then, see you in Costa Rica!

Always,
Stephanie

© Copyright Stephanie Lin Wu

1 comment: